- Jack Ansell, Jack Hirsh, James Dalen, Henry Bussey, David Anderson, Leon
Poller, Alan Jacobson, Daniel Deykin, and David Matchar. Managing oral
anticoagulant therapy. Chest, 119:22S-38S, 2001.
- I Petitpas, A A Bhattacharya, S Twine, M East, and S Curry. Crystal
structure analysis of warfarin binding to human serum albumin. The Journal
of Biological Chemistry, 276(25):22804-22809, 2001.
- Louis E Penrod, Joanne B Allen, and Leonard R Cabacungan. Warfarin
resistance and enteral feedings: 2 case reports and a supporting in vitro study.
Arch Phys Med Rehabil, 82:1270-1273, sep 2001. P9/2003.
- Joel G Hardmann and E Limbird, Lee, editors. The Pharmacological Basis of
Therapeutics. McGrawHill, 10 edition, 2002.
- H K Thijssen, M J Drittij, L M T Vervoort, and J C de Vries-Hanje. Altered
pharmacokinetics of R- and S-acenocoumarol in a subject heterozygous for
CYP2C9*3. Clin Pharmacol Ther, 70:292-298, 2001.
- Craig R Lee, Joyce A Goldstein, and John A Pieper. Cytochrome P450 2C9
polymorphisms: a comprehensive review of the in-vitro and human data.
Pharmacogenetics, 12:251-263, 2002.
- Dolors Tassies, Carolina Freire, Santiago Pijoan, Josefina Maragall, Joan
Montegudo, Antoni Ordinas, and Joan Carles Reverter. Phamacogenetics of
acenocoumarol: cytochrome p450-cyp2c9 polymorphisms influence dose
requirements and stability of anticoagulation. Haematologica, 87:1185-1191,
- H K Thijssen, J P Flinois, and P H Beaune. Cytochrome P4502C9 is the
principal catalyst of racemic acenocoumarol hydroxylation reactions in human
liver microsomes. Drug Metabolism and Disposition, 28(1):1284-1290, 2000.
- G P Aithal, C P Day, P J L Kesteven, and A K Daly. Association of
polymorphisms in the cytochrome p450-cyp2c9 with warfarin dose requirement
and risk of bleeding complications. Lancet, 353:717-719, 1999.
- J Taube, D Halsall, and T Baglin. Influence of cytochrome p-450 cyp2c9
polymorfisms on warfarin sensitivity and risk of overcoagulation in patients on
long-term treatment. Blood, 96:1816-1819, 2000.
- M Margaglione, D Colaizzo, G D Andrea, V Brancaccio, A Ciampa, and
E Grandone. Genetic modulation of oral anticoagulation with warfarin.
Thromb Haemost, 84:775-778, 2000.
- D Cain, S M Hutson, and Reidar Wallin. Assembly of the warfarin-sensitive
vitamin K 2,3-epoxide reductase enzyme complex in the endoplasmic reticulum
membrane. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 272(46):29068-29075, 1997.
- M J Fasco and L M Principe. R- and S-warfarin inhibition of vitamin K and
vitamin K 2,3-epoxide reductase activities in the rat. J Biol Chem,
- Saulius Butenas, Cornelis van't Veer, and Kenneth G Mann. "normal"
thrombin generation. Blood, 94(7):2169-2178, oct 1999.
- D'Angelo Armando, Patrizia Della Valle, Luciano Crippa, Annalisa Fattorini,
Elisabeta Pattarini, and Silvana Vigano D'Angelo. Relationship between
international normalized ratio values, vitamin K-dependent clotting factor
levels and in vivo prothrombin activation during the early and steady phases
of oral anitcoagulant treatment. Haematologica, 87:1074-1080, 2002.
- C Verstuyft, S Morin, A Robert, M A Loriot, P Beaune, P Jaillon, and
L Becquemont. Early acenocoumarol overanticoagulation among cytochrome
P450 2C9 poor metabolizers. Pharmacogenetics, 11:735-737, 2001.
- C S Landefeld, M W Rosenblatt, and L Goldman. Bleeding in outpatients
treated with warfarin: relation to the prothrombin time and important
remedial lesions. Am J Med, 87:153-159, 1989.
- M J Gitter, T M Jaeger, and T M Petterson. Bleeding and thromboembolism
during anticoagulant therapy: a population based study in Rochester,
minnesota. Mayo Clin Proc, 70:725-733, 1995.
- R J Beyth, L M Quinn, and S Landefeld. Prospective evaluation of an index
for predicting the risk of major bleeding in outpatients treated with warfarin.
Am J Med, 105:91-99, 1998.
- J C Fosfar. Prediction of hemorrhage during long-term oral coumarin
anticoagulation by excessive prothrombin ratio. Am Heart J, 103:445-446,
- S D Fihn, M McDonell, and D Martin. Risk factors for complications of
chronic anticoagulation: a multicenter study. Ann Intern Med, 118:511-520,
- F J M van der Meer, F R Rosendaal, and J P Vandenbroucke. Bleeding
complications in oral anticoagulant therapy: and analysis of risk factors. Arch
Intern Med, 153:1557-1562, 1993.
- S C Cannegieter, F R Rosendaal, and A R Wintzen. The optimal intensity of
oral anticoagulant therapy in patients with nonrheumatic atrial fibrillation and
recent cerebral ischemia. New Engl J Med, 333:5-10, 1995.
- G Palaretti, N Leali, and S Coccheri. Bleeding and complications of oral
anticoagulant treatment: an inception-cohort, prospective colaborative study
(ISCOAT). Lancet, 348:423-428, 1996.
- T Holm, J F Lassen, and S E Husted. Identification and surveillance of patient
on oral anticoagulant therapy in a large geographic area_use of laboratory
information systems. Thromb Haemost, 82(suppl):858-859, 1999.
- R J Beyth and C S Landefeld. Prevention of major bleeding in older patients
treated with warfarin: results of a randomised trial. J Gen Intern Med, 12:66,
- P T Sawicki. A structured teaching and self-management program for patient
receiving oral anticoagulation: a randomized controlled trial: working group
for the study of patient self-management of oral anticoagulation. JAMA,
- B S P Hellemons, M Langenberg, and J Lodder. Primary prevention of arterial
thromboembolism in non-rheumatic atrial fibrillation in primary care:
randomized controlled trial comparing two intensities of coumarin with aspirin.
BMJ, 319:958-964, 1999.
- P Petersen, G Boysan, and J Godtfredsen. Placebo-controlled, randomized
trial of warfarin and aspirin for prevention of thromboembolic complications in
chronic atrial fibrillation: the copenhagen AFASAK study. Lancet
- Boston Area Anticoagulation Trial for Atrial Fibrillation Investigators. The
effect of low dose warfarin on the risk of stroke in patients with nonrheumatic
atrial fibrillation. N Engl J Med, 323:1505-1511, 1990.
- Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation Investigators. Adjusted-dose warfarin
versus low-ntensity, fixed-dose warfarin plus aspirin for high-risk patients with
atrial fibrillation: stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation III randomized clinical
trial. Lancet, 348:633-638, 1996.
- M D Ezekowitz, S L Bridgers, and K E Jmes. Warfarin in the prevention of
stroke associated with nonrheumatic atrial fibrillation. N Engl J Med,
- S J Connolly, A Laupacis, and M Cent. Canadian atrial fibrillation
anticoagulation (cafa) study. J Am Coll Cardiol, 18:349-355, 1991.
- A L Gullov, B G Koefoed, and P Petersen. Bleeding during warfarin and
aspirin therapy in patients treated with atrial fibrillation: the AFASAK 2
study. Arch Intern Med, 159:1322-1328, 1999.
- European Atrial Fibrillation Trial Study Group. Secondary prevention in
non-rheumatic atrial fibrillation after transient ischemic attack or minor
stroke. Lancet, 342:1255-1262, 1993.
*We will only use your e-mail address to answer your message.
(c) 2002-2008 A.D. Corlan